Visual Designer (UI/UX) (Temporary) - NHL
16 days ago
About EA Sports:
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL hockey, and EA Sports UFC.
About the role:
We are looking for an Experience Designer who specializes in UI Visual Design to join our team. We are working on the next version of the NHL product and need your help and expertise in bringing this game to life.
- An excellent visual graphic design skillset which includes screen layout, typography, color, illustration, and iconography.
- Experience selling your ideas, prototyping quickly, and improving design solutions with feedback
- Experience working with design systems (applying existing patterns and defining new ones)
- Expertise in the Adobe Suite, and other visual design tools
- 3+ years of experience
- Comfortable presenting, advocating for, and explaining design decisions
- Up to date with the latest design trends
- Excited about how you can improve your skills and be a better designer
- Excellent with collaboration and excel in a product-focused environment
- Work side by side with the design team to work on design solutions against product goals
- Work with UX and Technical Designers to develop simple and clear Interactive solutions for complex features
- Work with the Product/Game Designer(s) to understand their goals and vision for a feature and support them from a visual design point of view
- Be a product knowledge expert in your area and ensure the features you designed are functioning as expected throughout the product cycle
- Support engineering teams during the implementation phase
- Familiarity developing prototypes in Figma or Adobe XD
- Familiarity with user testing, user research, personas
- Knowledge designing for console/tv interaction patterns