We are currently looking for a Junior Visual Designer to join our small but impactful design team. You will be working on crafting new and engaging social and mobile gaming experiences. We appreciate designers who communicate their ideas clearly and objectively, thrive off of collaboration and feedback and are passionate and proud of the work they do.
As a Junior Visual Designer, you’ll work alongside our UX/UI Design, Art and Marketing teams creating compelling Marketing material for our social channels and turning broad concepts into delightful and user friendly games and features for our rapid and constantly growing community of players.
We offer flexible hours and scheduling. This position is open to remote applicants as well as those who are excited to work in our downtown office located in beautiful Victoria, BC. The position is for a 1 year term, with the potential for a permanent position.
- Work closely with the team including UX designers, artists, and developers, to design user interfaces that meet both business and player needs
- Create assets for promotion of games, features and content for in game and social media marketing campaigns
- Design logos, icons and illustrated content for use in interfaces and promotional materials
- Work within established branding guidelines and design systems to maintain consistency across products and features
- Translate UX research, user flows, wireframes and prototypes into high-fidelity mockups
- Communicate and document where necessary design specifications for developer handoff
- Respond to player and product stakeholder feedback and iterate where necessary
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- 1-3 years of experience designing user interfaces and marketing materials for websites and/or apps for desktop and mobile devices.
- Knowledge of graphic design fundamentals including; composition, typography, colour theory and psychology
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, and other graphic design and user interface design tools
- Experience in creating and implementing UI design across web and/or mobile products
- Knowledge of graphic/visual/stylistic trends in games, movies and popular culture
- A keen attention to detail with a strong desire to complete tasks to a high standard
- Ability to prioritize and multitask across multiple projects and teams
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills
Nice to have
- A keen interest in all things gaming. You play console/mobile/or PC games on the regular and you’re always playing some sort of game in your spare time.
- Experience with motion graphics, video editing and animation
- Experience with UX research, design and prototyping
- Experience working with Unity
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (Top 100 grossing app on Facebook), and our recently announced FUBAR: Just Give'r, we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
Check out this article If you'd like to get some insight into our hiring process, our employee manual to understand how and why we do things the way we do, and this fun little video for an intro to the team!
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*