Visual Designer Creator Experience (web)
1 month ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What we do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Visual Designer (Web) to join our Creator Experience team on Fortnite . You will be instrumental in helping us define our Creator Vision, shape the look and feel of websites, mobile applications, and other tools supporting all of Epic’s products. This role is an incredible opportunity to make a huge impact on users of Epic’s impressive catalog of technology through a passion for user-centered design and gaming.
In this role, you will
- Design web UI and shape the overall user experience by gathering business requirements, identifying constraints, and developing successful design solutions.
- Work closely with designers, artists, engineers, and user researchers to translate high level product requirements into designs that deliver compelling, satisfying user experiences.
- Create detailed storyboards, interaction workflows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes, while iterating as necessary.
What we’re looking for
- 6+ years of experience in UX design or interaction design
- Experience designing UI/UX for software applications
- Strong understanding of usability principles, HCI, and information architecture
- Portfolio that shows awareness of the current culture of mobile app and web software design
- Adept at demonstrating design with just the right mix of interactive-prototype fidelity, documentation, and collaboration
- Able to apply theory to practice while adapting your design process to the project at hand
- Ability to multi-task and switch context across a multitude of projects
- Excellent communication skills (in person, written and presentation)
- Passion for user-centered design and the video game industry
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.