Gameplay Animator (Temp)
Agoura Hills, CA
16 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you think one key frame at a time? Do you obsess over how to sell a player ability, accomplishment or setback purely with character movement? Do you view animation as player input, expression, emotion and reward all wrapped together? If you see animation and gameplay as inseparable partners in the creation of great entertainment, we’d love to talk to you about a role on our animation team.
We’re seeking an experienced gameplay animator to help us create the next installment of the WWE2K franchise. You’ll be responsible for creating entertaining gameplay, facial and cinematic animation. You will work closely with designers, artists and engineers to ensure that your characters perform flawlessly, look amazing, and deliver raw emotion and impactful gameplay.
What You Will Do:
- Create gameplay and facial animations using motion capture data and keyframe animation
- Animate characters, cameras and props in both gameplay and cut scenes to deliver high impact moments
- Work closely with designers to achieve maximum clarity, performance and responsiveness, so the game looks and feels amazing
- Work with technical artists and engineers to ensure characters look as great in-game as on your desktop
- Collaborate with other members of the animation team to create consistent work and share inspiration
- Implement and tune animation in game in our proprietary animation system
- Three or more years of experience as an animator for the games industry
- Portfolio of character animation work (keyframe, motion capture or both)
- Ability to collaborate and work side by side with a team of designers and animators
- Ability to take direction well
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver
- Must have current U.S. work authorization
- Experience editing motion capture animation data
- Experience with character combat animation and gameplay (wrestling, fighting, action RPG, etc.)
- Proficient in the use of Motionbuilder and Maya