Shanghai Shanghai cn
15 days ago
Enterprise Infrastructure, the IT Infrastructure group at Ubisoft, is looking for a virtualization administrator who will be based in Ubisoft Shanghai. The incumbent of the position is responsible for the health and operation of our virtualization platform and pay particular attention to operational activities, proactive capacity management and monitoring the events on an international level.
You will also be implicated in the design and implementation of large-scale technological projects.
Your main tasks as the Virtualization Administrator are to:
- Care for the Ubisoft Virtualization platform (VMWare) with an emphasis on security, using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
- Conduct virtual infrastructure capacity forecast and health assessments;
- Improve resource allocation on the virtual platform by proposing various usage optimizations;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the virtualization platform;
- Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Answer user’s query and service requests.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a reference and technical influence in the administration of a virtualization platform;
- Certification VMWare (VCP), an asset.
- Expertise of virtualization, storage and networking technology;
- In-depth understanding of vSphere, vCenter and vSan tools;
- In-depth knowledge of Linux system administration;
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server / Active Directory;
- Knowledge of Python programming;
- Knowledge related to automation and API use;
- Knowledge of monitoring and measurement systems (Zabbix, NetXMS, Grafana, OpenManage, Sensu, Uchiwa, ELK, Prometheus);
- Knowledge of EMC Isilon storage system is an asset;
- Knowledge of the CEPH platform is an asset;
- Functional knowledge on Ansible;
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management;
- Able to make complex information accessible;
- Take initiative and ownership;
- Be a team player;
- Work effectively in a very dynamic environment with a proactive attitude
- Prioritize and conduct multiple front-line tasks;
- Influence at the technical level;
- Be visionary at the technical and functional level.
We have salaries to motivate you, bonuses for your performances, medical services to keep you safe and sound, meal tickets to use them wherever you want and free access to relaxing and fitness room.
But most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
Come and join our team of over 1400 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com