9 days ago
As a Virtualization Administrator, you will join the Enterprise Infrastructure team that is part of the Ubisoft IT group. This team is responsible for the corporate infrastructure and provides services required by all teams within Ubisoft. The team is present principally in Montréal, Paris & Shanghai.
You will be responsible for the health, and operations of the virtualization infrastructure supporting remote site activities. You’ll also contribute to the execution of projects and act as a second-level support for the services under your responsibility.
- Care for the Ubisoft Virtualization platform (VMWare) with an emphasis on security, using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
- Conduct virtual infrastructure capacity forecast and health assessments;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality; defining guidelines, best practices and metrics;
- Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
- Maintain documentation regarding configuration standards, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the virtualization platform;
- Travel occasionally as well as working on-call rotation for emergencies.
Skills & Knowledge
- Professional experience in the management and support of vSphere and vCenter; knowledge of vSAN being a notable plus;
- Good knowledge of Linux operating systems administration;
- In-depth knowledge in scripting, automation principles, and tools (Ansible, Python, GitLab, etc.);
- Ability to design techniques and methodologies to solve unprecedented problems;
- Good analytical skills, autonomous, mindful of processes;
- Bilingual French and English is required both orally and written.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.