Montreal QC ca
8 days ago
Ubisoft is looking for a virtualization administrator who will join the global networks service (GNS) storage and virtualization system administrators team in Montreal.
The virtualization administrator is responsible for the health and operation of our virtualization platform and pays particular attention to operational activities, proactive capacity management and monitoring of events.
As a member of a group of infrastructure administrators, he or she must manage Ubisoft's virtualization equipment anywhere in the world.
It will also be used and participate in large-scale technological projects.
The main and routine tasks of the Virtualization Administrator are to:
- Care for the Ubisoft Virtualization platform (VMWare) with an emphasis on security, using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
- Conduct virtual infrastructure capacity forecast and health assessments;
- Improve resource allocation on the virtual platform by proposing various usage optimizations;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the virtualization platform;
- Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Answer user’s query and service requests;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- A baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 5 + years of experience as a reference and technical influence in the administration of a virtualization platform for a large company.
- Certification VMWare (VCP), un atout
- Oral and Written Comprehension of English
- Expertise of virtualization, Storage and networking technology
- In-depth understanding of vSphere, vCenter and vSan tools
- In-depth knowledge of Linux system administration
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server / Active Directory
- Knowledge of Python programming
- Functional knowledge on Ansible
- Knowledge related to automation and API use
- Knowledge of monitoring and measurement systems ( ZABBIX, NetXMS, Grafana,OpenManage, Sensu, Uchiwa, ELK, Prometheus)
- Knowledge of EMC Isilon storage system (an asset)
- Knowledge of the CEPH platform(an asset)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to make complex information accessible
- Initiative, entrepreneur and autonomous
- Team work and collaboration
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a very dynamic environment with a proactive attitude
- Candidate must present with honesty, integrity and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Be a team player
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and conduct multiple front-line tasks
- Ability to influence at the technical and interpersonal level in the team
- Be visionary at the technical and functional level