Viewmodel Animator (Apex Legends)
13 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio .
We are looking for a talented and experienced Viewmodel Animator to join the Apex Legends animation team. We are picturing someone who is passionate about making games in a collaborative environment, with a team of experienced developers. In this role you will help to establish and realize an immersive experience through remarkable animations and gameplay.
What you’d do…
- Create high quality, believable animation content for APEX that both looks and feels amazing!
- Work closely with Designers to ensure that we achieve responsive, immersive gameplay that feels rewarding to our players.
- Share knowledge and inspire creativity.
- Maintain communication across all relevant disciplines such as production, design, and VFX
- Help to establish efficient pipelines and procedures across the animation teams
- Be proactive in assessing and evolving the experience of playing APEX
Ideally you have…
- Experience with first person weapon animation
- Keyframe Animation Skill
- A strong understanding of video game development
- Proficiency in a 3D animation such as Autodesk Maya
- 3+ years of professional game development experience
- Experience collaborating closely with other development disciplines
- A proactive work ethic and a sense of responsibility for the continued success of Apex Legends
What’s it like to be a Viewmodel Animator for Apex Legends?
- Autonomy - Truly own the content that you’re responsible for, from conceptualization to realization
- Flexibility - We pursue work that our animators can get excited about
- Resources - We have access to cutting edge technology allowing our contributors to execute their vision effectively and as they see fit
- Inspiration - Our experienced collaborators persistently fuel each other through shared passion and head-turning contributions
- Passion - Our teammates are exactly where they want to be and hungry to raise the bar regularly
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks .
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $126,700 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.