Videogames Moderator - NIGHT SHIFT
23 days ago
As a Moderator, you will ensure that gamers and communities are protected from harmful content like harassment, unwanted sexual advances, hate speech, and unnecessary violence, etc. Your role will help prevent harmful content from reaching players, protecting them from being harassed, bullied or encouraged to hurt themselves.
- Review all incoming community interactions (text, video, images, or voice) on different online games, social media platforms, forums, etc. to make sure they align with our customer’s vision of a healthy community.
- Communicate directly with players in a fun and engaging manner.
- Keep-up with always-changing pop culture and language trends, to better understand our players.
- Remain unbiased and open to understanding and listening to everyone’s point of view, ensuing that everyone is treated equally.
- Understand and adopt our client’s company and game culture and mechanics. By living and breathing their vision of community you’ll be able to carry it on to every decision you make, in an unbiased and responsible manner.
- Assist clients by forwarding them important information that you learn from the community to help them make design, game mechanics, marketing, and project decisions.
- Help foster and maintain a safe and welcoming environment for our gaming communities.
- Create and update corresponding documentation and reports as needed.
- Escalate issues as needed.
- Commitment to wellbeing for oneself, the team and the moderated communities.
- Other duties assigned
- Must be fluent in English, both writing and speaking.
- Experience managing or moderating an online community, either professionally or in your spare time (an asset)
- Good knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- Good to have: Knowledge of various community platforms (content filtering technology, Discord, Slack, etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about video games and social media.
- Emotional stability, self-awareness, self-analysis skills.
- Optimism, hardiness and stress resilience.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently.
- Accountable and responsible.
- Agile and open to change.
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Amenable to work a shifting schedule.
-High School Diploma preferred but not required.
-To be able to work in the NIGHT SHIFT
-Salary: $12,500 gross (before taxes)
-2 days off
After 3 months:
-Medical expenses insurance.
-Grocery tickets ($1,200)
Apply for this job
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.