Video Games Tester
2 days ago
Testronic Labs is a world class Quality Assurance and Localization company serving the global games industry. Since its foundation in 1998, Testronic has established itself as one of the most trusted testing partners in the industry, remaining resolutely committed to quality. This commitment is the cornerstone of our success, best exemplified by our recent TIGA award for Best QA and Localization Service Provider of 2019.
Our view is that Quality Assurance isn’t about playing games or trying to break games for a living. It’s about problem-solving. It’s about striving for perfection. At Testronic, we view the game experience as an immersive, personally meaningful experience that demands the most steadfast commitment to quality. Nothing should interrupt that experience!
Quality matters to us, and stretches to all aspects of our company culture. With key operations in London, Warsaw, and Los Angeles, Testronic is now expanding to the heart of New Orleans. Join us!
The position you are applying for is an office-based role. However, during the COVID-19 pandemic and until further updates, this role will be remote-based and you will be supplied with the relevant equipment to carry out your role. For logistic purposes, candidates will be required to live in or around New Orleans even during remote-based work. Once we have further updates, we will cascade accordingly and return back to the office once safe to do so!
About the role
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO LIVE IN OR AROUND NEW ORLEANS.
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for game testers of all levels, from experienced QA testers to newbs looking to break into the games industry.
Regardless, a passion for games is required!
As a QA Technician at Testronic, you will gain award-winning game testing skills as well as valuable experience and insight into how video games are made. Our testers are dedicated to making great games, ensuring that even the most inconsequential bugs are identified and neutralized before end users experience them.
- Adhere to company security procedures and escalate perceived breaches to supervisor
- Assist and mentor less experienced testers
- Attend monthly mentoring and goal settings sessions with Line Manager
- Ensure correct write-up (in English) of bugs, flaws and issues, and propose corrections to facilitate fixes
- Inform Supervisors of any issue that may slow down, stop – or improve – testing progress as early as possible
- Maintain strong teamwork within the team by sharing pertinent information with other team members and aiming to achieve group targets
- Present a professional and responsible image when interacting with clients and keep senior staff aware of communication
- Proactively complete assigned tasks accurately and thoroughly, and within a specified timeframe in order to detect (and subsequently report on a daily basis) bugs, software flaws and/ or design issues
- Strong interest in video games
- Familiarity with basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, PC setup)
- Experienced using a variety of different bug databases
- Familiarity with a variety of online test management systems
- LQA: Familiarity with a variety of online text databases
- Knowledge of and experience with QA submission requirements testing (compliance)
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask effectively while under pressure and to deadlines
- Willing to occasionally work long and unsociable hours
PLEASE, NOTE THAT DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF PROJECTS THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR, YOU MIGHT BE ASSIGNED TO EITHER PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME ROLE.