13 days ago
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, USA, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth and successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
As part of Funcom’s ongoing expansion, the company is strengthening its in-house marketing department with several new positions, and we are looking for two Video Editors.
Your Mission in Funcom
Join the Creative Services team’s mission of delivering high quality video content for our marketing. This role will report to the Senior Video Producer, as you will work closely with the Marketing Art Director and Creative Services team based in Oslo, Norway.
Our Video Editors are masters of their trade with a keen eye for detail and effective storytelling.
You will be trusted to deliver polished gameplay trailers, behind-the-scenes featurettes, b-roll and promotion material across several IPs and platforms. You will be the person who elevates and finalizes the combined creative vision of the Development and Marketing teams’ video content to the public, as you work closely with our producer and gameplay capture artist to source high quality material.
You will learn to know Funcom titles intimately as you communicate the very essence of our games, their mechanics and components, in a way that excites the audience.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Your work will represent our games and convince players to buy them, creating anything from gameplay trailers to cinematic ads , behind-the-scenes featurettes, press material and beyond
- Working closely with cross-functional marketing teams, you will get to work on many aspects of bringing a game to market and informing our audience
- Spearheading new, creative ideas which will impact how we present our games through video marketing
- Ensure our video marketing is consistent and of high quality across platforms, channels and brands
- Work closely with the developers and the product marketing team to understand how to communicate our games, contributing to the development of key messaging that will position them with our audience
- Improve and establish best practices for post-production in Funcom’s video department, and continue to improve the quality of our video content
- Collaborate with the rest of the Creative Services team on developing visual branding that supports the assets and the games’ tone of voice, and do what editors do best: push our material to the next level
We are looking for someone that has:
- Proven experience and passion for the craft of video editing, content creation and filmmaking
- A keen eye for details, visual aesthetics, and a personal desire to push past “good enough”
- The ability to work independently as well as being a valued team player across several projects and departments
- The desire to ask questions, to research, and to proactively evolve their craft as an editor
- The knowledge of how to communicate with different audiences, tailoring the audiovisual messaging to the recipient, the channel, and the platform
- The ability to understand the nuances of a brand’s tone of voice, and to display excellent taste across multiple genres and types of media
- An analytical and structured approach to editing, file management and workflows
- Technical prowess with NLEs, codecs, file formats and post-production workflows, particularly Adobe softwares and suites
- Passion for video games; you understand games, how they work, what excites people about them, and you are able to communicate that through your videos
- While not a requirement, experience with creating video material for video games is an advantage
Successful candidates should ideally exhibit one or more of the following additional qualities:
- Experience with motion graphics and/or animation
- Experience with color grading
- Experience with audio mixing
- Strong dramaturgic knowledge
- Strong sense of timing and rhythm
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.