2 months ago
Are you a video ninja with a lethal skillset? Are you longing to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? Ubisoft FGOL offers you this and much more. We are serious about fun!
As Middleweight video editor you will be responsible for our marketing video production. The main part of your duties will be to create top-quality store trailers, other video material such as social channel videos, user acquisition and motion graphics for all digital channels, events and all other non-in-game instances. You will be a one stop shop for our video needs, from co-creating the brief and story flow to capturing gameplay, directing, editing, compositing, creating special effects and mixing audio to mention a few things. Your goal is to wow the audience, create buzz around us and our games and strengthen our brands with your work. The position requires co-operation with the studio game production and international Ubisoft marketing teams. In addition, you will get to work with external partners and agencies on trailer productions.
We are looking for a team player with a passion for games, entertainment, great marketing and all things design and animation related. You need to have a lot of creative ideas and a strong vision, and you really enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. Taking initiative comes naturally to you with an autonomous working style. You can keep track of multiple things at the same time and prioritize work against schedules, while making sure the quality of your work stays at the highest level.
- Create top quality video material for all platforms and devices
- Lead our video production from start to finish and be involved at all stages of the creative process
- Show proactivity, sharing ideas during meetings, brain storming etc.
- Support the marketing team in developing creative and eye catching assets
- Participate in developing marketing campaign concepts.
KEY PERFORMANCE CRITERIA:
- Delivering brand marketing elements to agreed quality levels and by planned dates
- Be a creative and innovative thinker with the ability to deliver on new ideas to the team
- Develop awesome projects with lots of variety in concept and realization
- Be challenged to develop your skills
- Ensure all tasks in hand are completed to a high standard and on time.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder and other relevant tools)
- Very strong experience in video editing and
- Great eye and technical proficiency for creating finalized and impactful
- Good knowledge of visual and stylistic trends in games, film and entertainment
- Typographic and design knowledge for titles and transitions, animations etc.
- A strong understanding of video formats required for all platforms, e.g. online, mobile and big screens
- A strong understanding of audio in video content for voiceovers, music and sound effects
- Ability to take initiative, be responsive to deadlines and manage marketing video projects
- Experience in giving detailed feedback and communicate
- Online portfolio is required and must be included with application
- Experience in creating store trailers and video resize in different formats
- Knowledge of media production and communication
- Able to work autonomously
- Be able to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- Good communication skills.
- 3 - 5 year of experience in Video editing for high level companies
- Experience in multiple sector industries would be a plus
- Video resizing in a professional and eye catching way
- Support the team in developing and structure the day to day video editing tasks and projects
- Experience working in a fast developing team culture
- Work Independently when/if needed
- Produce high level and professionally made Video Contents
- Experience in Game Industry Video production would be welcomed
- Story-boarding - Work with marketing and development team to help determine the flow of the envisioned video deliverable and plan this out for review and feedback
- Gameplay Capturing - Work with marketing and development team to ensure that the correct content is captured for the correct purposes
- Video Editing - Edit video footages to adhere to the story-boarded flow while eliciting and incorporating rolling stakeholder feedback from multiple sources
- Post-processing - Add additional effects, 2D/3D animations, information or flourishes in order to fully portray the intention of the footage captured.
- Game / entertainment industry experience
- 3D skills (animations/VFX)
- Graphic Design Skills
- Experience in animation (Vector or/and 3D)
- Knowledge of Unity would be advantageous but there would be scope for training
- Good understanding of brands and marketing outside of video and motion graphics
- Experience with the rest of the Adobe Suite would be an advantage
- Experience in Livestreams, studio lighting and Camera arrangements.
- Creative, Team-focused, enthusiastic, organised, , committed, with a sense of humour, open-minded, positive, proactive, self-motivated, detail oriented, multi-tasking
- Happy to work in an open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Self-starter with excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work with other Artists and Designer to share ideas
- We are looking for somebody who is passionate and willing to contribute in brainstorming with good communication skills for feedback alike.
COVID 19 note:
Both Ubisoft and FGOL are committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff. We are currently working remotely during the stages of lockdown the UK has been subject to. Our offices have been set up to meet strict health and safety standards appropriate to the challenges of COVID 19, and we currently keep any physical attendance to a minimum. Our policies are constantly reviewed and may change over time as the risk level varies.
Ubisoft FGOL offers its employees some great benefits which include:
- Flexible office working hours
- 25 days of annual leave + 8 UK Bank holiday + Christmas company day(s) off
- 1 day off if you get married (Wedding Day)
- Mobile and Tablet Allowance
- Game Allowance
- Duvet Day
- Personal Travel Allowance
- Home Office Furniture Loan Scheme
- Sick pay
- Training Budgets
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare, Reduced gym membership, life insurance, critical illness & Disability cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan (for tube/rail costs)
- Profitability bonus
- Recruitment Referral Fee awards
Ubisoft Future Games of London is a Ubisoft studio that designs, develops and operates free-to-play mobile and digital console games. Founded in September 2009, Ubisoft FGOL create original and unique games such as the Hungry Shark series which has been enjoyed by over half a billion people worldwide.
We are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a forward thinking studio in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
Over the next 5 years, we expect to be typically developing two to three projects in parallel, with regularly scheduled new releases added to our catalogue.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.