Video Editor, Social Media Specialist
23 days ago
Who We Are:
The Global Video Production Department has the unique opportunity to work across all brands and titles at 2K. As part of the marketing team, the department helps promote 2K’s titles through a variety of creative mediums: trailers, social media content, commercials, developer diaries, interviews, in-game cinematics, sizzle reels, pre-roll ads, etc.
What We Need:
We are seeking a Video Editor/Social Media Specialist who is highly skilled and experienced in all mediums and formats of social and performance-based media. The ideal candidate possesses excellent video editing and motion graphics skills, can perform quickly under extremely tight and fast deadlines and must be able to multi-task multiple projects in tandem. The candidate must also be passionate about and experienced with video games. This is a full-time, temporary position.
Job Responsibilities Include:
Working in collaboration with the Global Video Production Department to perform and execute the following tasks for various media assets, but not limited to:
- Video Editing: social media content, trailers, promo-ads, paid-media, commercials, interviews, cinematics, sizzle reels, etc.
- Motion Graphics: Animated slates/gfx, motion/camera tracking, typography, keying, etc. Advanced Typography skills are required for this role.
- Post-Production: color grading, sound design and mixing, encoding, mastering, archiving, etc.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
We are looking for a Video Editor/Social Media Specialist to work within the Global Video Production Department, which is responsible for the production of media for all of 2K’s titles, including but not limited to: social media content, performance media, trailers, commercials, etc.
Working with the Global 2K Marketing and Development teams, the Video Editor/Social Media Specialist handles all aspects of media production with an emphasis to optimize and evolve social media content across all brands and social media platforms. This includes but not limited to, video editing, motion graphics design, visual effects, sound design and mixing, color correction, and encoding; all while ensuring the highest-quality production values and quality standards.
Applicant must have a very strong work ethic, possess outstanding multi-tasking skills, and consistently perform in a fast-paced and demanding creative environment.
- Must provide an online demo reel showcasing previous work upon applying. Applicants without a reel or demo work will NOT be considered.
- Experience with producing and optimizing content for all social media platforms and various required formats/specs.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC in conjunction with other Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc.)
- Expert Adobe After Effects compositing and animation skills: excellent/advanced typography skills, animation, motion/camera tracking, and keying, etc.
- Knowledge of 3 rd Party plugin suites: Trapcode, Red Giant, DigiEffects, etc.
- Fundamental experience with sound design and audio mixing.
- Fluency in color correction and color grading.
- Strong PC and Mac general computing skills including use of SAN storage, basic networking and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Excellent multi-tasking and self-management skills, and also able to take direction and constructive feedback.
- Advanced knowledge of A/V compression formats and codecs, along with experience using encoding software such as Adobe Media Encoder and Compressor.
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and deadline driven.
- Gaming experience and proficiency with the 2K brands is a big plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when necessary.
- Fast learner, able to quickly learn 2K proprietary software and best practices.
Reports to: Senior Director, Global Video Production