Video Editor, Broadcast
17 days ago
EA Overview: EA was founded 30 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Real Racing, Plants vs. Zombies, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our talented staff at locations across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Competitive Gaming Entertainment (CGE) Team works to produce best in class content for our competitive gaming programming slate. The broadcast team hopes to engage our gaming audience by creating stellar content that highlights the games we create and the competitors who play them. Our editors are the backbone of the team who are responsible for delivering visual assets to support our live broadcasts. The editor for Apex Legends is an integral part of creating content that will run during our live broadcasts and on our social channels. The editor is responsible for creating and maintaining video edits, delivering assets for broadcast on a tight timeline and working closely with producers, assistant editors and creatives in order to execute the content requirements for live production. Knowledge of the adobe creative suite is required. Knowledge of technical broadcast workflows is a plus.
• Edit short-form content, including promotional spots, features, opens/teases, sizzle reels, highlight videos, and social media.
• Work closely with producers, other editors, and cross functional partners on collaborative projects.
• Creates motion graphics elements involving typography, photography, video and animation.
• Provides general sound design and color correction.
• Organize and archive footage and project files.
• Travel domestically and internationally to competitive events.
• 3+ years of experience editing for live broadcast.
• Knowledge of the competitive gaming landscape.
• Expert in Adobe Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop)
• Candidate must be able to edit high volume, as well as high quality elements to work for multiple distribution outlets; projects/assignments will have wide-ranging lengths and degree of skill.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work well both cross-functionally and collaboratively as a team player and as a self-starter. Strong facilitator to help others complete the task at hand and work together.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work independently.
• Ability to work occasional weekends