Video Editor, Amazon Games
9 days ago
Amazon Games is looking for a Video Editor to join us we embrace a future where we believe everyone can be a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate, and connect through games. In this role, you will work closely with our internal creative team, as well as our cross-functional marketing team. You will collaborate with our Creative Marketing Lead to create dynamic and engaging video content across a variety of executions from traditional game trailers to snackable social content and internal videos.
Your responsibilities as a Video Editor would include:
· Video editing for the following types of content including, but not limited to: game trailers for the suite of Amazon Games brands, short form content for social channels, commercials, developer diaries, and internal video content.
· Executing motion graphics including animated slates, rotoscoping, etc.
· Post-Production and finishing work including color grading, sound design (when necessary), encoding, mastering etc.
· Communicating, on an ongoing basis, the status of projects, ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date.
Keys to success in this role:
· The ability to meet and exceed marketing objectives through compelling and innovative video creative.
· Be a self-starter who is able to tackle problems within a team setting, or individually.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines on multiple concurrent projects while being flexible to changing business and technical conditions.
· Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills as well as creative problem-solving skills.
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
· 5+ years experience in either in-house or external agency creative team.
· 3+ years working on games or entertainment properties
· Must provide a demo reel showcasing previous video editing work.
· Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) as related to Premiere.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Passionate gamer with an insatiable will to get stuff done
· Excellent problem solver through creative.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.