22 days ago
Resolution Games is a games studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games.
Are you skilled at creating captivating narratives through video capture, editing and motion graphics? Do you have professional experience creating video trailers, dev diaries and social media video content in the games industry? If so, you could be the perfect fit for our team as a Video Creative.
About the role
In the role as a Video Creative, you will be responsible for the production of engaging videos including game trailers, applying visual storytelling techniques, and ensuring high-quality editing standards. You will deliver compelling visual content that effectively promotes our brand and products. Having a good sense of how to put videos together and understanding what makes them great, along with knowing how to capture gameplay really well, are really important for this role. This is especially true when dealing with XR technology.
Since you will be our only internal Video Creative working at Resolution Games, this role will require you to seek out information from the people that you will be collaborating with on a daily basis. This primarily involves the marketing team as well as our game teams. You will be part of our shared resources team that consists of many different disciplines such as UX, animation, VFX, tech art, sound programming and sound design.
What you'll do
● Responsible for the whole video production process from storyboarding to capturing gameplayer, edit videos, creating thumbnails, etc
● Capture gameplay content with our inhouse plugin for various VR and AR platforms for Resolution videos as well as external partner’s videos
● Communicate with the game and sound design teams to ensure a shared understanding of creating objectives and project goals, making sure everyone is on the same page
● Communicate with the US marketing team to align video content with our brand's messaging and promotional strategies
● Coordinate and work with external video production companies, as needed
● Effectively manage tasks and prioritizing projects in response to evolving deadlines and project needs
●Professional experience working with video content creation in the games industry
● Expertise in editing tools, such as Adobe Premiere and After Effects
● Skilled in using relevant tools to capture in-game action, such as OBS and Shadow Play
● Experience working with motion graphics
● Interest in XR Games
● Tech-savvy and able to adapt quickly to diverse devices and platforms
Nice to have
● Proficiency in Photoshop
● Experience working with 3D Software
● Experience working with Unity
● Experience making game trailers for VR and AR games
●Experience with editing sound design
For this role, it's important to take responsibility and be accountable since you'll be the only one handling video editing internally. Staying curious about trends and growing as a video creator is vital. Since things can change fast, being smart about your time is a must.
You'll chat with different teams daily, so good communication matters. If you've worked with cross-discipline teams, communicating with various roles like programmers, artists, and producers, that's great.
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.