Vice President of Finance
20 days ago
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Vice President of Finance to join our growing Finance team. Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer, they will lead and build our Finance team while partnering with senior leaders to grow our business and company. The Vice President of Finance will drive clarity and alignment between our strategy and financial results while building the operating cadence by which we measure our progress. They will help identify investments that push our business forward and ensure that we have the resources to support those investments. Additionally, this role will require strong communication skills, easily explaining our strategy, our performance, and opportunity to employees, investors, and our Board.
What you'll be doing
- Build a team of highly engaged finance professionals
- Be a strategic and financial advisor to the executive team and business owners across the company
- Lead our financial planning process, ensuring our key strategic initiatives and operating plans are prioritized and funded appropriately
- Ensure optimal use of, and access to, capital to allow seamless execution against Discord's strategy
- Lead financings with private and public investors while minimizing the cost of capital
- Identify and report on key performance indicators to assist senior management and the Board in the ongoing management of the company
- Provide analytical insights to help accelerate growth and provide the team with operational insight to better manage the business
- Analyze business risks and opportunities, and make recommendations as they affect the financial results of the business
What you should have
- 15+ years of experience in finance or related functions
- Experience building, managing, and developing diverse and teams
- Stakeholder management skills, working exceptionally well cross-functionally and managing a team that can do so, as well
- Experience with gaming or consumer-based businesses
- Excellent communication skills in addressing multiple constituents
- A knack for setting measurable goals for the team and reliably executing against them
- Strong appreciation and focus on data-driven decision making
- Strong work ethic ...with a ton of capacity to have fun!
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.