Vice President of DevOps
7 days ago
Job Posting TitleVice President of DevOps
SummaryWe are looking for a Vice President who will be responsible for build, test, and release systems of our games and platforms. You will be responsible for Aristocrat’s center of excellence in Build and Release within a global architecture that is a hybrid of cloud and on-prem technologies. As well you will be responsible for the architecture of our CDN based end user release to mobile devices
With a focus on source/artifact repositories, automated build and test systems, and CI/CD you will manage a team to build end to end workflows using technology, processes, and procedures that enable developers with dependable build and release pipelines. You will mentor Directors, Managers, Architects, Developers, and Operations leaders into high performance teams.
Constant interaction with your customers (game design studios, systems operations, technology, manufacturing) allows understanding of our processes to develop effective toolchains.
The goal is to build a world class, flexible, build and release systems that is easy to use by our many development groups that maintains traceability from end user code back to original source code and artwork.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in leading teams to design, implement and optimize end-to-end build pipelines that produce our top-tier games and services. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about making an impact across the organization, comfortable, and confident in making informed decisions
What you'll do
- L ook across the many markets and solutions in place today and formulate a strategy for our build and release systems our build and release systems. Ensure a design that leverages the maximum automation abilities while maintaining dependability.
- Attract leading talent in the areas of build/release, continuous integration, automated testing, distribution, and caching systems that ensure Aristocrat is provably leading the industry.
- Lead global teams via direct and indirect management Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Distribution and Caching systems.
- Promote collaboration within and across team boundaries, while looking for opportunities to mentor and educate those around you
- When applicable, participate in team brainstorming and design sessions.
- Participates with the team to review requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Analyze, review, and create new development process and/or tooling to increase operating efficiency, scalability, and dependency.
- Acts as a liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially regarding problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Creates and ensures adherence to the development policy, procedures, and quality initiatives.
- Leads the budget process for his or her area of the business.
- Ensures adherence to the budget by monitoring expenditures and forecasting monthly
What we're looking for
- Must have recent experience CI/CD, Code Repositories, Monitoring, and Automation Frameworks.
- Must have experience with technologies such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab, AWS CodeBuild, Azure DevOps, or Atlassian Bamboo.
- Experience developing and implementing CDN strategies for end user distribution
- Proven ability to develop solid partnerships with development teams to ensure high quality releases.
- Must have experience leading a team to an architectural and process based global solution by directly participating in the future state design, leading a team in a center-of-excellence manner, and exercising cross divisional influence.
- Must have a track record of envisioning a future state, building a plan for its construction, and managing organizational transformation necessary to achieve it.
- Experience in a multi-tenet game environment where multiple game clients utilize a unified game backend a plus.
- Requires experience leading global teams.
- Requires 3+ years of budgetary management
- Requires 5+ years of people management experience. Must have strong management skills in the areas of performance management, employee engagement and talent development.
- Ability to identify ways to optimize processes and develop assets. Experience with resource allocation and utilization.
- Solid experience in all aspects of software development, using generally accepted tools and techniques. Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodology preferred.
- Must have strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. Innovative thinking in problem solving. Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates an extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or its equivalent
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.