Vice President, Legal and Compliance
Plantation, FL, United States
7 days ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience. We’re adding another dimension to computing where the digital respects the physical and they work together to make life better. As Vice President, Legal and Compliance at Magic Leap, you’d work on a broad range of transactions. Our Legal and Compliance team helps counsel Magic Leapers on challenging, novel problems that affect our platform, products and services and users. The role reports to our Senior Vice President of Legal and Compliances, headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of transactions, including services and consulting agreements, real estate leases, venture financing agreements, M&A transactions, licensing agreements, software and hardware agreements, and other agreements related to Magic Leap’s platform and business.
- Work with and actively engage cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, business development, security, finance, sales, regulatory, and privacy teams, to intelligently evaluate risk in connection with product development and to provide product requirements.
- Respond to legal requests from all parts of the company.
- Create, implement, and maintain internal legal policies, strategy, and procedures.
- Draft, implement, and oversee internal company policies, strategies and procedures.
- At least 10+ years combined AM Law 100 law firm and in-house experience with technology companies.
- J.D. from an American Bar Association-accredited law school, membership in at least one recognized bar, and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in-house.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage a diverse workload, and meet deadlines within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A business-oriented approach to problem solving and unparalleled service.
- An innovative and effective approach to solve complex legal issues in order to support strategic business initiatives.
- A high level of professionalism, outstanding business judgment, and superior legal analytical skills.
- Public company, international and/or AR/VR product experience.
- Communicating and working with stakeholders to assess legal and regulatory risks during product development and to define related product requirements.
- Passionate about spatial computing, our platform, and our users.
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.