Vice President, Franchise Marketing, Diablo
1 month ago
Job Title:Vice President, Franchise Marketing, Diablo
As one of the leaders of Blizzard’s Marketing team, the Vice President of Franchise Marketing for Diablo will serve as a partner to the Diablo franchise leader and work cross-functionally with Activision Blizzard’s global marketing teams and the Blizzard senior management team. In collaboration with others, you will play a key role in driving the main growth engine of the franchise business and proactively identifying opportunities within a rapidly changing market, ensuring the franchise marketing strategies remain at the forefront of the industry. The Vice President of Franchise Marketing reports to the President of Blizzard Entertainment. Key internal partners include the franchise General Manager, Executive Producer, and the Franchise Product Management leader.
In order to achieve a level of continuous success and growth against the target outcomes, the franchise marketing leader will be responsible for the following:
- Deliver marketing strategies and plans that bring the creative vision to life – oversee global marketing strategy for the franchise business, prioritizing driving franchise DAU/MAU growth, franchise community/social engagement. Lead overall strategy and alignment across publishing, GTM, creative, franchise PR, events/activations, earned media/influencer marketing, UA, media buying, social, product, and content including budget allocation and financial management.
- Leverage data driven insights to fuel growth – analyze and activate the needs of core consumer and multi-generational segments, including insight mining, messaging and media planning to increase global awareness. Oversee, track and report KPIs/ROI to effectively optimize engagement campaigns.
- Lead player centricity – leverage the leadership role’s unique position to place players and our communities at the center of everything we do. Rethink how the franchise player base is segmented and develop appropriate strategies including, among others, creative and connections planning. Design and deploy programs that engage gamers, communities and influencers improving the experience engagement points and perceptions.
- Brand and social management – develop global brand, digital and social strategies across acquisition, retention, and performance marketing channels to support business goals and drive revenue growth. Use creative and brand execution-oriented content to drive engagement.
- Directly manage and lead an organization of marketing professionals to achieve results, from strategy development through successful execution.
- Serve as an inspiration for transformational change, anticipate trends, and provide stewardship of the business via innovative marketing strategies across a matrixed organization.
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader, driving thoughtful and innovative approaches. They have the proven ability to partner with senior leaders to deliver on committed business targets and to positively influence the operating results at current and previous companies. They are highly entrepreneurial and comfortable rolling up their sleeves. Other requirements include:
- 10+ years of demonstrated career progression and strong performance in roles of increasing responsibility, with fluency in all aspects of marketing a global consumer product at scale with an emphasis on digital (e.g., performance marketing, A/B testing, CRM, 1:1), product, brand development, customer acquisition, and driving engagement through content
- Relevant industry experience that includes any combination of the following: blue-chip consumer brands, digital platforms, consumer services, entertainment streaming services, consumer-centric subscription models, and/or gaming; an understanding of and passion for pop culture is vital
- Experience shaping and shifting online communities and influencers
- Led sizable marketing campaign and campaign roadmaps, particularly digital and social
- Talent magnet, attracting and developing diverse, high-caliber professionals within an organization that is responsible for setting and executing marketing strategy
- Successfully captured market and consumer trends and translated to growth and share gains
- Track record of driving growth and transformation through innovative approaches (i.e. evolved traditional strategies to adapt to a rapidly changing digital approach)
- Successful experience building and directly managing a high-performing marketing organization that is responsible for setting and executing marketing strategy
- An entrepreneurial spirit that also knows how to navigate effectively within a multi-layered corporate environment and with a proven track record of maneuvering gracefully when encountering change
- Uncompromising integrity and a strong work ethic
Undergraduate degree required. Graduate education in marketing and/or MBA strongly preferred.
Year 1 Success
- Increase player reach and engagement for Diablo 4 through strong marketing of seasons
- Add new marketing capabilities and innovative campaigns that measurably increase player reach and engagement
- Increase ROI for Diablo franchise marketing spend
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $206,000.00 - $335,000.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.