Vice President Digital Archives
9 days ago
Job Posting TitleVice President Digital Archives
SummaryWe are looking for a Vice President who will be responsible for creating and managing the archive or our digital intellectual property. These IP assets are the code, artwork, documentation, and internal developer communications that are used to create the games and platforms we sell. You will be responsible for Aristocrat’s center of excellence in archive systejs within an architecture that is a hybrid of cloud and on-prem technologies.
With a focus on distributed source/artifact repositories, code/API documentation, and efficient developer communication systems, you will lead a team that enables our developer community with the latest technologies.
Your team will create and manage the archive, develop standards, and write documentation, as well as manage developer communication and collaboration systems
You will mentor Directors, Managers, Architects, Developers, and Operations leaders into high performance teams.
What you'll do
- Look across the many markets and solutions in place today and formulate a strategy for our Archive operations. Ensure a design that leverages flexibility while maintaining dependability and stability.
- Attract leading talent in the areas Source Code Repositories, Documentation, and Communication tools to ensure Aristocrat is provably leading the industry.
- Produce cross-development group sharing, collaboration, and communication
- Lead global teams via direct and indirect management
- When applicable, participate in team brainstorming and design sessions.
- Participates with the team to review requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Analyze, review, and create new development process and/or tooling to increase operating efficiency, scalability, and dependency.
- Acts as a liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially regarding problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Creates and ensures adherence to the development policy, procedures, and quality initiatives.
- Leads the budget process for his or her area of the business.
- Ensures adherence to the budget by monitoring expenditures and forecasting monthly
What we're looking for
- Must have recent experience Code Repositories, Documentation Standards and Procedures, and developer communication and team organization tools.
- Must have experience with technologies such as Perforce, GitHub, Subversion, Doxygen, GhostDoc, Javadoc, BitBucket, Artefactory, Nexus, AWS CodeArtefact, Git LFS, Slack, Teams, Jira, Confluence, BaseCamp
- Must have experience in producing cross developer collaboration and setting standards in an open collaborative manner
- Must have experience leading a team to an architectural and process based global solution by directly participating in the future state design, leading a team in a center-of-excellence manner, and exercising cross divisional influence.
- Must have a track record of envisioning a future state, building a plan for its construction, and managing organizational transformation necessary to achieve it.
- Experience in a multi-tenet game environment where multiple game clients utilize a unified game backend a plus.
- Requires experience leading global teams.
- Requires 3+ years of budgetary management
- Requires 5+ years of people management experience. Must have strong management skills in the areas of performance management, employee engagement and talent development.
- Ability to identify ways to optimize processes and develop assets. Experience with resource allocation and utilization.
- Solid experience in all aspects of software development, using generally accepted tools and techniques. Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodology preferred.
- Must have strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. Innovative thinking in problem solving. Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates an extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or its equivalent
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.