7 days ago
Job Title:Vehicles Lead
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts , Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare .
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/ , on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/ , and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
You will be responsible for managing vehicle production end to end across a distributed production environment, managing internal/external teams and outsourcers. You will direct and define visual benchmarks, set the bar for art quality and design functionality while being a lead creative influence on livery design, sponsorship application and vehicle customization. We are not just looking for a traditional vehicle modeler but for someone to own and lead the whole process.
- An experienced & versatile Lead 3D Vehicle Artist to develop vehicle production with the vehicles team
- You will be the key to building a team outward
- Responsible for delivery of vehicles from start to finish
- Defining outsource pack content/design/review
- Working with and managing outsource partners to define requirements and deliver quality vehicles
- Defining art quality, methods and delivery, reviewing final quality of outsource vendor
- Experience of leading the vehicle production process end to end
- Extensive vehicle art experience on current/next-gen consoles and PC
- Extensive experience working with and managing outsourcers as part of a distributed development environment
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house tools
- Experience modelling with 3D Studio Max or another major 3D package (Maya, Blender)
- Experience using scan data
- Experience with rigid skinning in 3D Studio Max or another major 3D package (Maya, Blender)
- Excellent knowledge with Substance Painter, Photoshop, or other major texturing packages (Quixel)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.