Vehicle Artist / Outsource Manager
11 months ago
We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Vehicle Artist / Outsource Manager
Hutch is looking for an Artist to join the team in London and play a key role in delivering visually impressive free to play gaming experiences for our own IP as well as top licenses such as F1.
This will be a varied role. You will work with multiple internal game teams and manage relationships with our outsource partners. Your work will span across a number of concurrent projects and cover; vehicle, environment and character work. We’re keen to find an artist at heart who is happy to dive into spreadsheets or work hands-on, improving art assets as required. In busy periods you will be working on pipelines, giving feedback and ensuring our assets are up to standard. In less busy periods you may be creating assets.
- Act in a hands-on capacity, giving artistic feedback and using your Artistic skills to improve assets when relevant, such as catching mesh irregularities and rectifying them. Working within Maya and Unity.
- Work across multiple game projects, building and maintaining close relationships with the game development teams, creating briefs and gaining relevant feedback
- Build, maintain and manage relationships with our outsource providers. Handling briefing, scheduling and processes
- Coordinate feedback between the Hutch development teams and Outsource providers, ensuring smooth communication of the games style, needs and visual quality
- Build, maintain and improve internal pipeline processes to maximise efficiency. Including creating documentation and schedules
- Proactively work on solutions to ensure outsourced assets align with the team's needs and expectations.
- Track asset creation from start to finish on multiple projects. You will track issues, maintain up to date financial data and keep internal teams updated on a regular basis using multiple tools such as; Shotgun, Jira and Excel
- A background as an Artist within the Games Industry, with hard surface experience
- An ability to give Artistic Direction to Outsource teams, having good artistic sensibilities to understand areas such as; proportions, geometry and composition
- When relevant, be willing to work hands-on to improve or even create game assets
- Experience working as an Artist with a familiarity with pipelines and processes
- A good understanding of game art pipelines and how to build, maintain and improve them
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with remote teams and a variety of stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Maya and Unity
- Experience within the mobile games space
- Experience working with photo-realistic vehicles in games
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with:
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 3 days per week (Everyone is working remotely until it is safe to go back into the office)
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Weekly Yoga Sessions
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Personal Project Development Days
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch through our blog. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.