13 days ago
Job Title:Vehicle Artist
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts , Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare .
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Infinity Ward’s vehicle art team is looking for a new member to join the team. We’re seeking a talented hard surface artist who has both the art and technical skills to create and maintain vehicles in a first-person shooter. Candidate can range junior to senior artist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of vehicles, gear and props derived from both scan data as well as concept art and reference photos
- Basic rigid skinning using internal tools to set up a vehicle in game
- Maintain and update assets to a high efficiency standard that fit within a budget
- Collaborate with the vehicle lead artist and teammates for both the art and technical side of vehicle development
- Collaborate with designers, concept artists and animators
- Receive feedback and modify work based on direction
- Provide feedback to improve the tools
- Follow schedules and meet deadlines
- Experience creating photorealistic vehicles for games
- Proactive and work well in team environment and have excellent communication skills
- 3+ years of experience working within game development
- Ability to learn new tools effectively
- Experience using Photoshop, Painter, 3DSM, Maya, Blender or 3D art package of your choice (3DSM is where we primarily export and do basic rigging passes on vehicles)
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and resolve conflicts
- Technical knowledge of rigging principles
- Understanding of engine limitations and requirements
- Zbrush, Mudbox, Marvelous Designer and other 3D software is a benefit
- Experience using scan data
Candidates will need to submit the following with their application:
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.