Vegetation Technical Artist (M/NB/W) - Beyond Good and Evil 2
16 days ago
As such, your missions will be the following:
- As a team player, you will manage the global scope of the production, both on the creative and technical sides;
- As a true expert, you aspire to become the reference in your team and transmit your ideas to them;
- Innovative, you intuitively build the necessary pipelines and tools to create longer term game experiences. You are familiar with the notion of Game as a Platform (GaaP);
- You ensure the creation of high quality data and models while respecting production deadlines;
- You participate in the development of your team by documenting and transmitting methods (pipelines, tools, procedures);
- In a continuous improvement approach, you monitor, follow and improve the performance of the vegetation systems.
With a solid experience and a strong motivation for the job of Technical Artist on major/AAA titles, you want to put your talent to work on one of the most awaited titles at Ubisoft:
- You are autonomous, but you also like to work in a team and communicate your ideas;
- You have proven technical skills (3D creation, scripting, shading-HLSL, photogrammetry, ... );
- You have significant experience on a real-time game engine and a global understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow;
- You master the current DCC (SpeedTree, 3ds Max, Houdini, Substance Designer, ...) ;
- You have experience in performance management and optimization methods;
- Your English level allows you to work in an international context and to exchange ideas with peers who do not speak your language. French is a plus but not mandatory.
Want to know more? Cyril Masquilliere, Expert Art Technical Director on Beyond Good and Evil 2 talks about his vision of the Technical Artist position in this video.
This position is available now for a permanent contract at Ubisoft Paris Studio!
Are you convinced? Apply online with your portfolio and we'll get back to you soon 😊
As an employer, Ubisoft offers equal employment opportunities to all regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability and age. Ubisoft is committed to developing an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of its gaming community in its teams.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Beyond Good And Evil 2 is a sci-fi action-adventure RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft's first opus. Join our team at Ubisoft Paris to help us shape this amazing project!
As a Vegetation Technical Artist, you will be responsible for the entire scope of vegetation data creation in our worlds. You will be satisfied when the pipeline allows your deliverables to have exceptional visual quality and the game to maintain peak performance.
Your inquisitive and passionate nature allows you to investigate, create and implement new techniques and pipelines that allow your team to push AAA quality standards in the most efficient way. You are familiar with procedural generation concepts as well as everything related to real-time shaders.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.