Vegetation Environment Artist [Avatar Project]
2 months ago
As part of the Avatar Project, you’ll play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand-in-hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron’s production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
As a Vegetation Environment Artist at Massive you'll get the chance to use your artistic eye to create gameplay spaces that not only play well but look visually stunning too. Utilizing the power of our in-house game engine - Snowdrop, you'll create vegetation assets and place them throughout our game world, collaborating with fellow Artists, Tech Art, and Level Designers to create a unique AAA game world, at " One of the best studios in the world " Yves Guillmot, Ubisoft CEO
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating high-quality Vegetation Assets and Environments from blockout to final polished scenes, based on concept art and reference imagery;
- Collaborating with the Level Design Team to maintain gameplay requirements and Tech Art to maintain performance requirements;
- Crafting compelling environments using procedural tools;
- Maintain quality, efficiency, and consistency across your work.
You as a person
You push what environment art can mean to a game through creative initiatives. You’re not afraid to take responsibility and ownership for whatever's needed within the team, to make the game better. Your openness and flexibility complements this and enables you to provide insights from all parts of the development into your area of expertise, which makes you a valuable source of ideas and suggestions.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of artwork (must include Vegetation Art and examples with a fluid/organic nature - remembering Pandora, " It's kinda the Garden of Eden with teeth and claws " James Cameron);
- Proven experience working in the games industry with at least one major/AAA title to your name;
- Deep understanding of art fundamentals and design (including an understanding of composition, color theory, and lighting);
- Great technical knowledge of 3D packages, texturing packages and game engines like Unity/Unreal;
- Solid understanding of the workflows required to create an asset from the Blockout stage to final quality, and optimization for real-time rendering.
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.