VR Art Director
8 days ago
VR Art Director
Immersive Tech is looking for a creative and talented VR Art Director to lead the art direction of interactive 3D and VR experiences for our platform. The successful candidate strives in a creative and dynamic environment, while being proactive without needing constant supervision in a work from home environment.
At Immersive Tech, we design and build interactive experiences that facilitate “play”. Our team is as diverse as the experiences we create, and we strive to create an inclusive, respectful, good-humoured working environment where every employee has a voice in the creation process. We’re looking to expand our team with passionate individuals who can meet challenges of a fast-paced working environment.
- Craft and maintain the art direction of stunning visuals for 3D and VR experiences.
- Produce 3D and 2D assets and delegate tasks to the rest of the art team.
- Conceptualize and design low-mid poly environments, objects, creatures, etc.
- Communicate and support chosen design direction effectively with the rest of the team.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including roles such as Technical Artist, Design Leads, Developers, etc; participate in daily standup meetings and weekly sprint meetings.
- Contribute original ideas on all aspects of VR game production & development.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading design and concept efforts on interactive, 3D, VR, motion graphics, and/or game development projects.
- Proficient in interactive 3D design tools. E.g. Unity, Photoshop, Maya, Blender, etc.
- Strong understanding of visual and UI design fundamentals and know-how.
- Sound understanding of VR, real-time 3D, and/or motion graphics workflows.
- Strong experience in modelling, PBR texturing, UV mapping, lighting, and environment design.
- Knowledge in character design, rigging, and animation.
- Storyboarding skills and experience forming reference concept art.
- Working knowledge of performance shaders.
- Experience in guiding, evaluating, and redirecting the creative work of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates the utmost attention to detail and proactively identifies efficiencies.
- Excellent communication skills for conveying ideas verbally, over text, and through sketches and presentations.
- Experience and knowledge of best practices for VR experiences.
- Knowledge in optimization for games (LOD Creation, normal map baking, etc.).
- Experience with Agile & Scrum workflow
- Experience using Trello, JIRA, Monday, Slack, Milanote, and related technologies
Thanks in advance to all those who apply, but we will only contact those who qualify for an interview. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send us your resume, cover letter, and portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fully remote currently due to COVID.