VP of Publishing
San Ramon, California, United States
8 days ago
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Committed to delivering creative excellence.
At the intersection of art design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch with our flagship state-of-the-art development studio, establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub. Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to delivers an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe.
Here at Striking Distance Studios, it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude.
We are looking for an experienced and resourceful games publishing and marketing leader to drive growth initiatives for Striking Distance Studios and other PUBG/Krafton IP in North America. You will lead the global brand strategy, planning and execution for our games to the world as well as within our community of players and fans. You will also own our player acquisition and retention growth plans. This is a hands-on role with a large business impact by directing Brand, PR/Communications, Creative Services, Consumer Insights, and Media teams. The role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer of Striking Distance Studios.
- Drive the overall publishing unit’s strategic direction together with other principle stakeholders
- Lead corporate and product positioning strategy and corresponding branding and messaging across multiple global channels
- Drive and reinforce market awareness, positive product image, customer acquisition, and loyalty by leveraging positioning statements and core USPs in press releases, website copy, blog posts,internal presentations, video streaming, videos, etc.
- Write, test, and perfect marketing copy including creative briefs, creative key selling points and taglines for internal and external usage
- Lead the brand strategy for an all-new portfolio of properties at SDS, partnering with key stakeholders to outline a multi-year strategy that drives a player experience
- Define long-term brand franchise vision and creative direction to drive deep brand awareness and affinity, acquisition, engagement and long term franchise retention
- Lead consistent communications for the “Go To Market and Growth” team’s plans and key beats throughout the year, ensuring alignment with key stakeholders
- Lead and direct franchise launch and expansion efforts through seamless partnerships with SDS colleagues, licensors, partners and agencies; ensuring continuity and cohesion across all player touchpoints
- Partner with game studio leadership to establish studio strategies, identify new opportunities for our games, and evaluate changing trends in game features, business models, and player needs
- Deliver the strategic business case that inspires SDS to rally behind the franchise and deliver fiscal and revenue objectives in full
- 10+ years of AAA games experience within a publishing organization
- Led teams in global brand marketing and demonstrated successful IP growth within entertainment or gaming industries.
- Operational knowledge of social media channels, including streaming, videos, etc.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing customer data to craft messaging
- Experience in marketing materials creation, such as trailer, website, pitches, including managing team members or vendors to ensure high quality work
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, advertising, communications, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing press connections, writing press releases, and building company and Platform’s image
- Expertise training and coaching others on messaging and communication
- Experience in consumer marketing, ideally at a brand or agency within the professional sports, entertainment, technology, or lifestyle industries
- Experience with marketing at tradeshows/events
- Master’s Degree