VP of Operations
San Francisco, CA, United States
4 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes , shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time ). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies . In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America .
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What We’re Looking For:
Skillz is looking for a driven and experienced senior Ops leader to consolidate and standardize operations across Skillz. This individual will manage Program and Business Operations, with the potential to manage additional teams depending on experience. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated examples of leadership shipping successful consumer products, scaling processes across an organization, and delivering on complex cross-functional initiatives. It's critical that the VP be able to establish credibility at the executive level and have experience driving consensus and approval for planning efforts across multiple functional leaders. Lastly, it doesn’t hurt to love games!
What You Will Do :
- Recruit and manage a world-class team to support the hyper growth of the organization
- Create an Ops roadmap and lead the team to execute against this roadmap to make the organization more efficient and effective
- Coordinate with senior leadership on top priorities and ensure that all teams are focusing on the right things
- Partner with FP&A to update company dashboards and improve our understanding of business health
- Work cross functionally to operationalize strategic growth initiatives on time and on budget
- Serve as the connective tissue across functional teams by managing rhythm of the business, working to share knowledge and drive people to achieve company goals
- Scale operational best practices across the organization
- Experienced Ops Leader - 12+ years of work experience in operations for ops intensive tech companies (must have both program and business operations experience)
- Master of Information - Establishes the right rules of engagement that promote effective and concise information sharing, enabling individuals to understand and react to top company issues
- Incredible Planner - Proven ability to run and deliver results on large-scale, complex technical projects across several sites under tight deadlines through rigorous planning and ruthless prioritization
- Structured Problem Solver - Able to create & apply frameworks to solve problems and bring the appropriate level of structure that will help improve the overall operational excellence of the organization
- Results Oriented - Able to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment and drive the team to outstanding results
- Builds Strong Teams - Able to build and manage lean teams with outsized company impact
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .