VP of Global Research & Insights
3 days ago
About Splash Damage
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We are entering the most exciting era in Splash Damage’s history. We are growing rapidly and expanding our publishing team to support our internal development teams and external partners’ games.
We’re looking for a VP, Global Research and Player Insights to join Splash Damage’s publishing group. Your team will be responsible for all industry research, both syndicated and bespoke, trend analysis and forecasting, competitive reports, awareness and purchase intent tracking, player insights from our premium and live games, and agency management on a global basis. You will work with our development and publishing teams to provide focus to their questions and find answers. Most importantly, you will help to determine what questions they SHOULD be asking and help interpret the answers that result from your activities.
- Determine Splash Damage’s syndicated research needs and manage relationships and contracts with all data vendors
- Design and manage the execution of custom research projects to drive actionable insights
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with development and marketing teams to determine the right methodologies to find answers to their queries
- Work with the Business Intelligence central data team to ensure data is captured for publishing’s needs and help design dashboards to visualize the results
- Provide regular competitive analysis reporting to development and marketing teams for their game genre, ensuring they are informed on latest trends and products to help keep our competitive edge
- Employ a global perspective to all efforts to ensure our games and marketing address a global audience
- Develop a system to track awareness and purchase intent over time for our and our competitor’s games
- Assist development in designing effective research projects for concept testing, UI and UX evaluation, playable build feedback, predictive critical reviews, and ad hoc needs
- Work with publishing to support new campaign ideation and target market evaluation
- Be the expert in interpreting results and identifying biases in both the data and the interpretation of it
- Grow and train a team as the company scales who can quickly adapt to an ever changing player base, platform tech, business models and competitive landscape
- Manage annual budgets to deliver results in accordance with stakeholder needs
- Develop in-house research capabilities to deliver deeper, faster insights as well as deliver cost savings to the organization through efficiencies in consumer targeting and monetization trends
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Extensive experience managing research and insights for major entertainment brands
- Global experience working with cultural differences to ensure valid research learnings
- Experience building and leading a research and insights team
- Strong analytical skills with experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Deep knowledge of research methodologies including focus groups, discrete choice models, segmentation, ethnographies, brand tracking
- Ability to communicate with various levels of a team up through the company CEO
- Willingness and ability to tactfully correct senior executives who are misinterpreting data or insights
- Experience managing or working at external research agencies
- Able to regularly travel to globally in the course of managing research projects and visiting development teams throughout Europe and the UK
- Understanding of and a passion for the video game space
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills