VP of Engineering
Irvine, CA, United States
11 days ago
Looking for a fun, innovative, creative, passionate, and stable company in Orange County? Then, let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living! Our mobile games have been at the top of the app store since its inception (2008) and we regularly show up in lists for most popular mobile games. We recently reached over 410 million downloads across our portfolio of games!
We've been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Destination Solitaire, Slots and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our vision is to create the most exciting mobile games and have fun doing it.
MobilityWare’s VP of Engineering will be responsible for building a progressive, high-performance, and user-centric technology organization. This role will be expected to elevate the game of our software engineering talent and processes, work closely with other executives to develop a strategic plan that aligns technology with our business and our users, drive consensus across teams, as well as help attract the best and brightest mobile development talent to our team.
Serve as senior leader within the company
- Work with the COO and executive team to define, develop and continually improve vision, strategy, and culture
- Act as a public representative of to internal and external audiences of MobilityWare
- Act as a mentor to technology leaders.
Deliver on product road map timelines -
- Ensure that we make visible progress on all of our roadmap deliverables
- Establish and monitor analytics that measures performance to goals
- Foster an environment that emphasizes quality, automation, and efficiency
Serve as chief architect and technical visionary -
- Establish and maintain a long-term roadmap for our technology architecture.
- Identify technology trends & evolving social behavior that influences company strategy, processes etc.
- Anticipate & react to major technology changes
- Ensure key technical documentation is developed and maintained
- Guide our team members to become continually better at their respective technical crafts
- Set, communicate, and lead the technical vision of the company
- Actively participate in the external game development / technology community
Recruit, develop and manage all technical personnel in the company -
- Develop a progressive engineering culture that fosters creativity and collaboration.
- Teach others how to make the right decisions and hold them accountable when they don’t.
- Lead by example, mentorship, and perspective.
- Hire and develop directors and managers to become inspiring and effective leaders.
- Align the team to the organization’s goals.
- Create an environment that encourages everyone to maintain a commitment to company culture and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. MBA a definite plus.
- Proven experience as the VP of Engineering or VP of Software/Development at a game development company.
- 5+ years of experience in developing mobile applications preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in developing in an entertainment / gaming field.
- You can talk mobile, web, desktop, and infrastructure with the best of them.
- Fluent in iOS, Android, native coding, Unity, HTML5, and related tools
- Experience with ad-tech preferred
- Extensive understanding of agile and SCRUM methodology
- You have led large development teams to extraordinary success.
- You have experience utilizing hybrid US-based and offshore development teams to optimize cost and delivery.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Why you should work for us
- Killer Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trips, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we'd love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), OPEN PTO, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Boss office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway