This job might no longer be available.
VP of Data Science, Machine Learning and AI
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
VP of Data Science, Machine Learning, and AI
San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a VP of Data Science, Machine Learning, and AI to grow, mentor, and lead the SIE’s data, machine learning and AI engineering teams. As our VP, you would be building on SIE’s AI roadmap and own the development of the SIE AI and data vision, strategy, and capability plan.
- Ensure team members are clear about expected standards of performance, motivated and developed to provide effective and efficient services.
- Build on SIE’s AI roadmap, own the development of our AI and data vision, strategy, and capability plan.
- Develop our data platform, and integrate the latest data models and data pipelines, establishing a model management approach that is best in class for responsible data use.
- Provide expertise in statistics and probability, and the evaluation of data use, algorithms, models, and be the leading voice for data curation and preparation across the organization.
- Develop an approach to critical data forensics to support SIE’s ability to regulate the use of AI.
- Represent SIE in situations where expertise in AI and data are required e.g. meeting representative bodies and information rights interest groups, speaking at conferences.
- Advocate for a fair and rights-based approach to AI and data use. Engage with the practitioner community and policy makers to develop and implement privacy and rights focused approaches to data science and the use of AI, focusing on embedding ‘by design’ approaches.
- Identify emerging ethical, legal and technical problems within AI and data science and develop approaches to mitigate these issues by collaborating with a range of stakeholders across industry, academia and civil society.
- Collaborate with other regulators to identify and respond to common challenges, and build common capability and approaches
- Be conversant with relevant legislation, social and legal as well as technological developments, that impact on information rights.
- 10 years of experience working with Data, ML and/or AI
- 10 years of demonstrated experience leading cloud based solutions
- Experience driving the vision of Data/ML/AI products
- Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in software development, data science, or machine learning or AI
- Ability to champion process improvements
- Experience with cloud based technologies such as AWS, Azure, etc
- Experience leading large scale global teams, influencing teams remotely, working with globally distributed teams
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.