This job might no longer be available.
Los Angeles CA US
11 days ago
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are currently looking for a VP, Finance to be based in our Sherman Oaks, CA office. The VP, Finance will provide financial leadership and business partnership and will report to the COO. The role manages all short-and long-term financial planning while providing senior management and institutional shareholders with analysis & management reporting of various businesses and opportunities as identified and or requested.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own all financial related business at Mythical including accounting, financial reporting, planning, and finance-related hiring initiatives
- Own and lead strategic initiatives including short and long-range planning, business model evaluation, and category go-to-market planning
- Develop, implement, and champion key strategic initiatives to drive long term growth for Mythical software products and partner products
- Drive business development with deal analysis, scenario modeling, standardization, and deal term optimization
- Support executives and teams with special projects, long-term strategy, ad-hoc analysis, and revenue forecasting
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and synthesize consumer products industry/category insights to inform business strategy
- Extensive experience in corporate planning, business finance, strategy, or related fields
- Deep understanding of the game development process with a passion for technology, games, entertainment
- Business partnership experience, which includes influencing executive decision-making, stewarding sound business judgment and execution, and championing a team-oriented, cross-functional mindset
- Demonstrated success as a leader and people manager, which includes exceptional stakeholder management skills
- A keen analytical eye and extensive experience building integrated models from scratch
- A "roll up your sleeves" mindset to get any job done