VIP Account Manager
17 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American R ed Cros s , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Are you ready to deliver top tier support and account management to some of the most engaged and successful eSports competitors in the world? We need someone to work with our most valuable players and empower them to stay in the game by delivering world class, personalized concierge service.
What you'll do:
- Manage and retain a portfolio of VIP players
- Proactively identify new opportunities to build relationships with Skillz VIP (up-sell, cross-promote, deepen trust) and offer tailored rewards through regular correspondence with players
- Work alongside other Skillz departments to increase player activity and drive revenue
- Be an expert on the Skillz platform, with a deep understanding of product capabilities and value proposition
- Monitor individual player performance to ensure that bonuses, gifts, and hospitality invitations are offered in accordance with business requirements
- Consult with players on their feedback, communicating product requests to drive change across the organization
- Identify escalating support situations and successfully defuse them, provide cross-departmental support as needed
- Respond to player support requests from Skillz VIPs
- 1-2 years of experience in Customer Success
- 1-2 years of experience in Account Management or Sales
- Experience working with Zendesk or similar CRM software
- Amazing communicator; you should be great at holding people's attention whether via email, presenting, chatting on the phone, or meeting in person
- Motivated self-starter, driven to achieve growth targets at the individual and team level.
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Proven record of successfully implementing and scaling engagement initiatives with customers
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .