This job might no longer be available.
VIP Account Manager
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
10 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Are you ready to deliver top tier support and account management to some of the most engaged and successful eSports competitors in the world? We need someone to work with our most valuable players and empower them to stay in the game by delivering world class, personalized concierge service.
What you'll do:
- Manage and retain a portfolio of VIP customers over the course of a 12 month contract with Skillz
- Proactively identify new opportunities to build relationships with Skillz VIP (up-sell, cross-promote, deepen trust) and offer tailored rewards through regular correspondence with customers
- Work alongside other Skillz departments to increase player activity and drive revenue
- Be an expert on the Skillz platform, with a deep understanding of product capabilities and value proposition
- Monitor individual customer performance to ensure that bonuses, gifts, and hospitality invitations are offered in accordance with business requirements
- Consult with customers on their feedback, communicating product requests to drive change across the organization
- Identify escalating support situations and successfully defuse them, provide cross-departmental support as needed
- Respond to customer support requests from Skillz VIPs
- 1-2 years of experience in Customer Success
- 1-2 years of experience in Account Management or Sales
- Experience working with Zendesk or similar CRM software
- Amazing communicator; you should be great at holding people's attention whether via email, presenting, chatting on the phone, or meeting in person
- Motivated self-starter, driven to achieve growth targets at the individual and team level.
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Proven record of successfully implementing and scaling engagement initiatives with customers