20 days ago
Fully remote within the UK only available
As a VFX artist, you’ll be collaborating side by side with our art and tech teams to build amazing effects that enhance gameplay and set the visual mood and tone for our projects. Ranging from environmental to character interaction effects and to compliment events within the game world. You will work closely with Art and Game Directors to help deliver the game vision.
- Team up with the Art Leads to bring the artistic vision to life, and make sure it meets all project requirements.
- Work proactively to identify and solve problems before they impact the development team.
- Helping to implement new techniques that can make our art creation faster and better.
- Ensure our content looks amazing across all platforms via optimisation.
- Liaising with other team members, acting as the the bridge between art and programming teams, to keep things running smoothly.
- Create and test any new tools before they go live, and make sure we're always sharing knowledge with the team.
- Ensure any technical constraints and the reasons behind them are communicated effectively to the art team, in a timely manner.
- Hands-on experience working with third-party engines including Unreal Engine and Unity.
- Good knowledge of CG fundamentals (modelling, texturing, shading, lighting etc) within Maya, Max, Blender or similar.
- Ability to debug and optimise complex assets and implement efficient rendering and VFX techniques.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skillset.
- Experience using 3dsMax as a Technical Artist.
- Knowledge of procedural systems and Houdini would be useful.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- x 4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months)
- A day off on your birthday
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Branded merchandise