15 days ago
The ideal VFX Artist will have both a strong creative and technical background and will be able to collaborate with various disciplines to meet project-specific needs. They have a passion for taking on the challenges of modern AAA game development and creating stunning visual effects that take our games to the next level.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design, create and implement AAA-quality visual effects using particles, animation, materials, sprites, custom shaders, and more
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that art direction, gameplay, and technical requirements are met
- Ensure that VFX are optimized and meet performance requirements
- Keep up to date with new technologies in the industry to help advance the visual quality bar for our products
- Rapidly prototype, iterate and refine ideas based on feedback
- 2+ years as a VFX Artist with at least one shipped title on PC, console, or mobile platforms
- Strong skills with 2D/3D art design software (Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini, AfterEffects, Photoshop, etc)
- Self-starter and problem-solving mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to author and edit shaders and shader code to create real-time VFX
- Strong understanding of the principles of real-time visual effects, as well as art, animation, and visual design fundamentals (color theory, etc.)
- Outstanding eye for engaging visuals and a deep understanding of motion, animation, and emotion
- Houdini Experience
- UE4 Experience
- Experience with stylized VFX
- Programming or scripting experience in any language (C++ / Python / HLSL)
- At least one shipped AAA title as VFX Artist
- Experience with fluid simulations and rigid-body destruction simulation
Check out our website at https://valkyrie-entertainment.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Valkyrie Entertainment is an independent game studio and co-developer in Seattle. Since 2002, the company has been providing content and co-development for some of the most well-respected developers in the industry including major contributions to award-winning games such as God of War and League of Legends.
On-Site and Remote positions available
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.