14 days ago
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and implementation of high quality realistic Visual Effects to support art direction and gameplay
- Translate reference, concept art, story boards, written game design briefs, and verbal directions into prototype and implement real-time VFX in game
- Create a wide variety of real-time special effects using sprite-based particle systems along with pixel and vertex shaders; e.g. rain, snow, smoke, explosion, destruction, weapon, fire, geometry, surface shader, and full screen effects
- Create and optimize VFX to run within performance limitations
- Identify and best practices of VFX workflow
- Work with Art and Programming teams to anticipate and solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements
- R&D on new industry technology and trends to improve the project's visual quality and efficiency
- Prioritize, plan, and organize VFX Domain tasks using Hansoft with the Producer/Associate Producer
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Mid to senior level of professional VFX experience in game or film industry
- Minimum of one shipped game title
- Proficient in creating high quality VFX using Maya, Houdini, or other equivalent tools
- A creative thinker who feels comfortable experimenting and presenting approaches and solutions that help push the edge of what’s possible with FX
- Production experience utilizing particle systems and other forms of dynamic simulations
- Able to balance quality and technical constraints
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Preferred familiarity with node based engines
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and esports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after five years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status and will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.