5 days ago
Ubisoft Milan is looking for a VFX Artist to join the development of "Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope".
The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for the design and implementation of Visual Effects and has a strong passion for videogames.
- Design and implement high quality AAA Visual Effects to support story, art direction and gameplay objectives;
- Create and optimize VFX to run within performance limitations;
- Follow concept art, story boards, written descriptions, and scripts to prototype and implement high quality VFX in game;
- Work closely with art, programming and design team to anticipate and solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements;
- Translate reference, concept art, story boards, written game design briefs, and verbal directions into prototype and implement real-time VFX in game;
- R&D on new industry technology and trends to improve the project's visual quality and efficiency.
- Experience with node base system;
- Expert-level skills in 3D graphics, particle systems, dynamic shaders, and relevant commercial software applications as 3ds max and Maya;
- Experience in creating volumetric particle effects using tools like FumeFX, realflow and afterburn or similar applications a plus;
- Ability to work successfully in a large team of other artists, programmers, and game designers;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We value and celebrate the diversity of cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce. We strongly encourage people of different backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities and other legally protected individuals to apply.
In order to consider your application, please send us resume and portfolio/reel.
The position is based in Milan (Italy) and requires working onsite.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft’s 19 000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.