Barcelona CT es
7 days ago
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
We are looking for a Visual Effects Artist to help our team on their next adventure. You will join an international and successful team and will report to the Artist Lead. As a VFX Artist, you will independently deliver a wide range of high-quality visual effects for the project in respect of technical constraints and artistic direction.
Your daily adventure:
- Conceptualize, design, and create stunning in-game visual effects (modeling, texturing, animating, lighting, shaders, etc) by using available tools in a real-time engine.
- Work collaboratively with game designers and engineers to understand and interpret gameplay requirements to communicate gameplay mechanics to the player within the constraints of the engine.
- Work with the art team to define a consistent style for VFX and to ensure the quality of the assets for all aspects of the project.
- Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and within the given deadlines.
- Prepare assets for export to the game engine highly optimized for mobile hardware.
- Provide creative and innovative solutions to technical art problems and/or restrictions.
- Help in developing tools & refining pipelines for the art production process, including batching and automation.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- BA in art media, graphic design or equivalent relevant experience
- Working experience creating particle systmes and VFX in 3D applications (Maya or 3D Studio Max) and particle editors, as well as AfterEffects or similar programs for pre-visualizing VFX
- Understand FX workflows and tools with the ability to modify and improve them.
- Ability to create original texture sprites and sprite sheets to create particle effects
- Able to keep content relevant to the current projects art style and work within those limitations.
- Positive attitude with the ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Be a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
- Good command of English.
- Work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must.
- Working Unity experience.
- Experience with traditional 2D animated VFX.
- Experience or knowledge of repository tools (Git, SVN…)
- Scripting of game engine events, VFX, shaders and post processing.
- Programming experience is considered a bonus as are traditional drawing, painting, animation or sculpting skills.
- Passion for games and some knowledge of the games industry.
- Spanish or Catalan is a plus.
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
- Examples of natural and organic effects (smoke, fire, waterfalls).
- Examples of fantastical effects animation (spells, explosions).
- Examples of rigid or soft body dynamics.
- Effects/shaders created in a game engine.
Please send us the link to your demo reel/portfolio or website demonstrating the above skills.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
- 25 vacation days per year + day off in your Ubi-Birthday
- Flexible Working Hours & Working from Home policy
- Reduced schedule: Easter, Sant Jordi, Sant Joan, August and Christmas.
- Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant subsidy
- Cigna private Health insurance
- Physiotherapist special rates in the office
- Professional development programs and tickets to international events
- English and Spanish free lessons in the studio
- Great discounts in our games
- Gym special rates and discounts in other services
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
- Company parties and events
- Fridays beers
- Relocation Package (when needed)
THE WORLD OF UBISOFT
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.
It should come as no surprise that Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile is located in the vibrant, cosmopolitan city of Barcelona, the hub of innovation in mobile development and technology.
Our studio brings together dedicated, experienced professionals focused on crafting high-quality F2P games for mobile.
We strongly believe in the core values at the centre of our Ubilife, which encourage us to take ownership of our work, continually striving for excellence while promoting the sharing of knowledge across individuals and teams, without losing our sense of enjoyment and fun, or our respect and care for one another.
Do you want to join us in the world of mobile gaming? If so, read on!