28 days ago
- Create AAA quality in-game VFX that follow the artistic direction of the game and work well within the engine/platform constraints
- Become familiar with game mechanics and design and identify special effects opportunities
- Collaborate with our development partner studios across the world in the development of asset pipelines and tools
- Create simulations/animations to be used for gameplay elements
- Create textures for particles effects and related decals
- Place level/character-specific effects
- Proactively produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule
- Contribute to the success of the team, and the studio, through your personal contribution to the products
- Provide team/company support - Each team member is expected to provide feedback on ideas, features, game-play, and process
- 3 years’ experience creating VFX for shipped AAA games or films
- Experience in conception and realization of VFX
- Proficient in a texturing package such as Photoshop or Substance Designer
- Solid understanding of a 3D modeling and animation program
- Experience with node based game engines preferred
- Experience with PBR based lighting and shaders
- An eye for detail while maintaining efficient techniques
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques by being highly self motivated and unafraid to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interact with team members of different disciplines. Candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates for this position are asked to provide samples at the time of application. Web portfolio format is preferred. Any resumes submitted without a portfolio or web link will not be considered
- Houdini experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.