VFX Artist - Starmi, Creating Anime Games!
13 days ago
Starmi is looking for an experienced VFX Artist (Unreal Engine, Niagara, and Flipbooks experience preferred) with a strong desire to contribute to every creative aspect, and who knows what it means to take responsibility and deliver excellent results. You have the skills and knowledge to visualize how a game should look and feel, and you can translate that into a scalable and sustainable creative process.
Joining us means being part of a team with the passion and inherent drive to create innovative, high-performing games. We are intellectually curious and excited to apply the latest game development innovations to our projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial environment that embraces new and different ideas. Everyone at Starmi is excited about creating the best anime games possible, and we empower one another to learn and grow from our collective experiences. All of this means more chances for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
- Create and implement incredible visual effects that match an anime art style
- Strong ability to develop gameplay and user interface VFX for mobile games
- Team up with non-art developers to build and improve our games, emphasizing results
- Collaborate with external art developers abroad, reviewing and integrating their work
- Understand and articulate art and design trade-offs; solve for best player experience
- Keep up to date with industry-related art developments and harness that knowledge for the benefit of our games and teams
- Anime-focused portfolio demonstrating your game-ready work in a matching art style
- Deep experience in creating, implementing, and optimizing VFX for mobile games, using timing, form, lighting, weight, and more to create exciting moments in both gameplay and user interface
- Experience working with outsource partners as an integral and visually consistent part of the game art pipeline
- Great interpersonal skills; humility and respect when receiving comments from your team
- Passion for mobile games and/or anime
- IMPORTANT: All applicants, regardless of experience, must be willing to take and pass a test evaluating your relevant skills.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 2D, 3D, VFX, or Animation+Rigging experience at an anime-focused game studio
- 10+ years of applicable games industry experience
- Experience creating and optimizing game art for mobile devices
- Unreal Engine 4/5 and/or mobile game development experience
- Bilingual: Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese (oral and written, fluency or professional only)