1 year ago
We’re Playdead, an independent game company based in the heart of Copenhagen, Denmark. We have made two critically acclaimed titles, LIMBO and INSIDE. Our current project is a 3rd-person science fiction adventure set in a remote corner of the universe.
We are looking for a VFX Artist with an eye for visuals and art, and the ability to create strong visual effects. You will be the link between the artistic and technical dimensions and therefore it is vital that you are able to develop the needed systems and applications.
Your responsibility as VFX Artist will be to create and maintain all effects for a third-person, open-world game. You will work closely with the animators, programmers and artists on the team, to develop effects and supporting tools from the ground up in Unreal. We are particularly looking for a colleague who enjoys setting their own goals and taking responsibility for their own schedule.
We are working within a highly focused and ambitious vision, which requires adapting to the existing visual style while contributing your own ideas to the whole. More than anything, we are looking for someone who is excited about all facets of game development, as well as being passionate about gaming overall.
Keywords for position
- 4+ years of experience within a 3D game production is essential.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates a level of mastery in VFX art and design.
- Programming proficiency - tools as well as shaders.
- Comfortable using computer tools and software to create visual effects.
- This role is located at the Playdead office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
What will you be doing?
- Creating the visuals for the effects, such as snow, dust, fire, water and sand using any and all techniques necessary.
- Programming the systems driving the effects, such as managers and spawners.
- Collaborating with a dedicated team with high ambitions about visuals and physical integrity.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects.
- Experience with PhotoShop, Maya or 3DS Max etc. and a willingness to learn new tools.
- Familiarity with major game engines.
Who We Are
We are a team of 50 creative professionals. We experiment and collaborate with a focus on creating new experiences, and as such we are looking for people who can help us achieve them.
Our approach to development does not include crunching towards arbitrary deadlines - instead, we particularly look for talented people who enjoy managing their own schedule and thrive on working within a friendly, collaborative environment.
We love to make carefully crafted games with obsessive attention to detail and are always on the lookout for others who share that passion. Come help us create unique game experiences.