8 days ago
Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a VFX Artist who’s passionate about building extraordinary new experiences that inspire others. Awesome art makes for great games, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Produce high quality effects through different stages of production
- Work on the creation of stylized 3D content, models, materials, texture, and shaders towards the delivery of real-time VFX for our products.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a VFX artist in game development
- Unreal experience on a shipped game
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- Ability to create all source art needed for VFX (textures, geometry, flipbooks, normal maps, vector field textures, etc.)
- A strong eye for timing, weight, realism, color, volume, energy and other particle aesthetics
- Design and simulate stylized fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc. that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
- Strong knowledge of Maya or 3ds Max, Houdini & Niagara
- Experience collaborating with graphics programmers
- Thrive in a team-oriented, creative environment
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills
- Willing to take risks and learn from failure
- AAA experience a plus
- Proficiency in ZBrush, Painter, and Designer
- Experience with 2D animation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of premiums paid)
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote-work Friendly