This job might no longer be available.
VFX Artist - Vicarious Visions
Albany New York 12205 United States of America
8 days ago
Job Title:VFX Artist - Vicarious Visions
Founded in 1991, Vicarious Visions has made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last. Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products. We’ve worked on some of the most successful game franchises, including Skylanders ®, Guitar Hero ™, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance , Crash Bandicoot ™, Spider-Man ™ and Tony Hawk ™. Our studio is located in beautiful upstate New York, only a couple of hours from NYC with access to all the Northeast has to offer.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas, but also the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Vicarious Visions is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.vvisions.com and @VvisionsStudio on Twitter.
As a VFX Artist, you will create simulations and systems that both mimic real-life phenomena and capture the imagination through fantastic visuals. You will help design solutions where a more procedural approach can be used and possess the desire and knowledge to push our effects and editing tools beyond their limits.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Art Director and art, design, animation, and audio leads to bring life to gameplay and cinematics through the addition of flair and visual drama.
- Craft compelling moments through the design, creation, and implementation of real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements.
- Prototype VFX and shaders which effectively develop tone and pacing of gameplay events.
- Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines.
- Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements.
- You have 2+ years of Visual Effects experience for games.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in an Art related discipline or equivalent experience.
- You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You excel in a collaborative and diverse work environment.
- You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and communication.
- You possess the ability to quickly learn new software and adapt to company proprietary software.
- You are a strong technical problem solver.
- You have Relevant 2D and 3D software experience—Photoshop, After Effects, Maya, Houdini, and Substance Designer.
- You have experience and comfortable in Unreal and/or PopcornFX.
- You stay current with the latest tools, technologies, and techniques to help shape our pipelines.
- You have experience creating VFX Shaders.
- Experience in a secondary area such as texturing, modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Vicarious Visions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.