This job might no longer be available.
VFX Artist - Unnanounced AAA project
Barcelona CT es
8 days ago
Ubisoft Barcelona is looking for a VFX Artist to join the team involved on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and continue their mission to deliver exciting and challenging features and content on an unannounced AAA title.
You will be working alongside the art team to create believable high-quality lighting set ups and work closely under the guidance of the Lead Artist and Expert Artist to achieve a consistent level of quality. The ideal candidate must be able to proof his/her skills through a portfolio showcasing the final work as well as a breakdown of the workflow used.
· Create high quality in-game visual effects and particle systems.
· Create and tweak real-time shaders.
· Master the editor’s tools and pipelines for vFX creation and optimization.
· Work with designers, artists and programmers in order to achieve aesthetic excellence.
· Create and optimize particle effects including: natural phenomena such as rain or wind, fog, explosions, destruction, smoke, and fire.
· Follow concept art, story boards, written descriptions, and scripts to prototype and implement FX in game.
· Work within the performance limitations and set budgets.
· Demonstrable experience in AAA videogames or similar real time projects.
· Experience with real-time/game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
· Experience with particle systems and geometry based visual effects.
· Strong image creation and edition skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken. Fluency with English is a must.
· Problem-solving and open mind as well as autonomous and proactive attitude.
· Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
Additional skills (pluses):
· Experience with Houdini in games development.
· Any other game related art or design experience (modelling, scripting, etc)
Few words about Ubisoft Barcelona studio:
The studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! I bet that you know Barcelona for sure! Either for its amazing architecture, monuments and parks, famous nightlife with bars, restaurants and clubs, super weather and beaches, popular sport culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different food, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-mind and dynamic people. Exciting no?
As employee as much as citizen, we encourage you to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture for our talented team to produce the best AAA games in the videogames industry. We also encourage all our employees to invest time in playing any type of games, and if it’s together, even better!
In Barcelona studio, everyone feels like at home!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to have you!
List of benefits:
- Monthly Restaurant tickets
- Preferential price for medical insurance
- Sports / activities deal
- Access to transport tax deductions
- Free access to all Ubisoft games (PC)
- Discount for Ubisoft console games
- Fresh fruits / drinks
- Friday Morning Breakfast
- Friday afternoon free
- Flexible working hours
- Team building events
- Assistance for opening Bank account
- Assistance for house contract/ documentation review
- Assistance for local registration (NIE, SSN, Tax)
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy's The Division 2.