This job might no longer be available.
VFX Artist - Unannounced Project
4 months ago
Behaviour is looking for a versatile in-game VFX Artist for a very exciting sci-fi team based PvP game. This role will require the candidate to work on all elements needed to bring polish to both UI feedback and in-game environment and actions. Under the guidance of the Art Director and using references created by an illustrator, the VFX Artist will be adding natural and unnatural phenomena FXs, as well as participate in the creation of textured models, scene lighting and post-process. The Artist will need to possess an excellent understanding of color, volume and composition. They must also be able to understand and follow technical restrictions and be able to adhere to tracking tools and the pipeline structure. They enjoy working in a team, sharing tasks and collaborating to the work of other team members. They must be flexible and accept the changes that occur during a game production.
- Creating and integrating in-game UI feedback VFX;
- Creating and integrating all environmental VFX;
- Creating and integrating all characters VFX;
- Creating and integrating all gameplay events VFX;
- Profiling all particles and shaders and optimizing them to maximise performance;
- Creating and integrating sky domes/boxes;
- Creating and managing all postprocesses;
- Design and implement static/dynamic lighting and reflection probes for all scenes/levels;
- Create and integrate all cutscene/trailer/quick time events VFX;
- Bring to life both design and art direction visions to flesh out the game experience;
- Help out UI artists with fullscreen visual effects;
- Act as a bridge between desing/art/tech to find the best way to implement visual feedback for gameplay mechanics;
- Creating flow maps.
- 2+ years of experience in the computer graphics industry;
- 2+ years of experience working with Unity and Maya .
- A strong understanding of particle systems;
- A strong understanding of shaders in general;
- Skilled in 3D polygon modeling, UV mapping, texturing and lighting;
- Training from an art school or training in a 3D/2D animation program, an asset;
- Passion for VFX and animation in video games;
- Knowledge of different game engines;
- Capacity to work in a team;
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent sense of organization;
- Attention to details.
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developer in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.