VFX Artist (Mobile)
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
7 days ago
Wargaming is currently building a new development team to create an exciting new multiplayer shooter targeting a worldwide mobile audience. As a part of this effort we're now on the lookout for an experienced VFX Artist to join our ranks. Our game is built on a Game As A Service model, to deliver content to our community for years to come. Gameplay is built on clear pillars designed to maximize spectating enjoyment as well as challenge players and build long term retention and enjoyment.
An ideal candidate for this would have a number of years experience creating breathtaking visual effects along with a strong passion for creating exciting mobile titles in Unreal Engine 4.
The VFX Artist reports to the Project Manager
What will you do?
- Create and set up the visual effects for the game prototype created in Unreal Engine 4
- Create textures for visual effects
- Tackle all related technical and creative issues that arise both within your team and in collaboration with other units
What are we looking for?
- Someone well-versed in color theory; basic knowledge of the physics of light, composition and emotional setting
- Hands-on knowledge of how to optimize graphics for the games industry
- Working experience with Adobe Photoshop and Autodesk 3ds Max (Maya)
- Passion for the games industry and gaming experience
- Experience dealing with game engines (preferably Unreal Engine) or other particle systems
- Understanding of the basic principles of physics, dynamics and pyrotechnics; the knowledge of how to create artistic effects, such as fire, magic, smoke, gunshots, water, vapor, explosions, dust, etc.
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for multi-paltform game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!