VFX Artist - Monopoly GO!
19 days ago
Scopely is looking for a VFX Artist to join our Monopoly Go! team in the US on a remote basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Monopoly GO! is our new casual game and a key franchise that has just become one of Scopely’s largest games enjoyed by millions of players. The team is based in Europe and the US, and works every day to create captivating new experiences for our players.
What You Will Do
You will be a key player in the creative process, as you will help bring to life new features and boards. Your everyday challenges will include working alongside animation and integration artists, making different kinds of sequences more appealing to the player, as well as emphasising important gameplay points. You will also make our brand new boards look shinier than ever, not only by continuing the game standard, but always being ready to innovate and create new kinds of effects to push the quality bar even higher.
- Create VFX in Unity, using particle systems, shader effects and animations
- Actively integrate the VFX in the feature or environment, working alongside Technical and Integration Artists or developers
- Align with game designers, feature owners and art leads to create the assets along the requirements, and iterate on them based on feedback
- Keeping the consistent style of the game, and ensure all created assets are optimized for mobile devices
- Collaborate with other art disciplines when bringing features to life, and assist and support them when needed with technical expertise
- Communicate updates, blockers and concerns to production and leadership
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of mobile game development experience
- Proficient in Unity including importing assets, particle systems, animation workflow, UI/sprite/canvas and material setup
- Proficient in 2d texturing: Photoshop
- Experience in 3d modeling: 3dsMax, Maya, Blender, etc
- Great communication and collaboration skills, and able to work in an agile team environment
- Strong understanding of animation principles and timing
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently and take ownership of your tasks
- Experience creating preview sequences and animations in After Effects or similar
- Understanding of either node-based shader workflow or CG/HLSL shader code
- Experience working with or having a stylised or cartoon effects portfolio
- Passion for video games, keeping up to date with new techniques and workflows in the industry
Please include a portfolio or PDF/links to examples of your work in the applicatio n .
For candidates in CA, CO, NJ, NY and WA, the annual salary range is $80,000 - $130,000, plus equity, bonus and benefits including healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, pet insurance, paid holidays, paid Scopely free days, and unlimited paid time-off. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience .
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.