This job might no longer be available.
VFX Artist II - VALORANT
11 months ago
As part of the Real-Time VFX team, you’ll design and help implement the sleek, dynamic and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay. With your experience, you’ll create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information. You’ll use your artistic and technical skills to breathe life into undead spells, channel primal emotions and capture the essence of hundreds of champions.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT, click here ! ). As a VFX Artist II on the VALORANT team, you will work closely with other VALORANT artists to communicate each effect’s actions, impact, and tonal experience, bringing the characters’ VFX to life. You will report to the VFX Lead of the project.
- Design and help implement the sleek, dynamic, and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to the gameplay
- Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity while working to ensure amazing effects are accurately representing a given action or state
- Create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information and capture the essence of characters
- Use your craft skills to draw, paint, animate and model with equal proficiency as-needed
- Use your encyclopedic knowledge of visual effects to synthesize brand new assets from classic designs
- Find creative and effective solutions to eliminate difficult problems in production and as-needed
- 3+ years of professional experience as a visual effects artist in games or related industries
- Experience creating high-quality, stylized real-time VFX
- Experience working in Photoshop, Maya or 3DS Max
- Experience working Unreal, or equivalent game engine VFX tools
- Experience developing Unreal Blueprints
- Experience creating stylized flip book textures
- Experience with the technical requirements for a variety of game platforms
- Familiarity with VALORANT IP
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.